Director, Infrastructure & IT Operations
Requisition ID: 2021-17996
Category: Corporate - IT - Service Management - Analyst
The Director, Infrastructure & IT Operations is a key IT leadership role and will be responsible for the strategic planning, direction, leadership and management of the Infrastructure & IT operations team. He / she will plan, organize & direct the activities of infrastructure support, project and service desk staff to deliver, maintain, and support IT systems & services. He / she will also own the identification and implementation of technologies to develop and / or support solutions for business functions and shop operations.
- Oversee all infrastructure requirements for Boyd group’s (Collision-US; Collision-Canada & Glass) business units
- Direct Systems & Cloud, Networks & Telecom and Infrastructure Project teams
- Manage end user compute, data center & cloud footprint, corporate & shop networks & telecommunications, infrastructure security operations, acquisition integration & technology refresh, shop technology rollout, etc.
- Create vision, strategy and roadmap to build infrastructure technologies and services needed to support current operations and future growth
- Evaluate and recommend infrastructure & shop technology solutions, architecture & tools
- Oversee deployment and/or support of infrastructure solutions at corporate locations and at all (780+) shops across US and Canada
- Ensure acquisitions are refreshed to established infrastructure standards
- Collaborate with project, applications / software development, enterprise security and business teams to ensure that infrastructure changes are implemented without adverse impact on the company's operations
- Develop cost-effective strategies to eliminate redundancies, inefficiencies, and lower costs while addressing scalability, robustness, security & business continuity
- Act as point of escalation for infrastructure service delivery concerns from the business, ensuring business impacts are identified and remediated effectively
- Manage & improve performance of infrastructure systems & delivery
- Oversee change management, incident management, problem management processes, etc. to improve quality and efficiency of infrastructure and service desk teams
- Ensure service desk (Level 1) and operations (Level 2 & 3) team adhere to established SLAs
- Manage infrastructure staff including hiring, performance management, development planning, mentoring, etc.
- Establish goals, conduct training, perform annual reviews, conduct team meetings and generally provide the needed guidance and support to the infrastructure team
- Participate in the planning and development of annual operational and capital expenditure budgets
- Negotiate and oversee vendor contracts for licensing, maintenance, implementation, operations, and ongoing support to ensure service levels are met in cost-effective ways.
- Work with stakeholder to enforce infrastructure and end user compute policies and standards to ensure effective and appropriate use of technology
- Other duties as assigned
- 15+ years of overall IT experience in retail, services or related industries with a large number of locations
- 10+ years of experience managing overall infrastructure & IT operations for a mid-large size (over $2B+ revenue) organization
- 5+ years of senior IT management and leadership responsibilities with experience in managing multiple, large and complex IT initiatives
- Must possess excellent understanding of computer systems, cloud technologies, cybersecurity standards & tools, network & telecom administration, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud technologies
- Hands-on experience in complex network design and management using Aerohive, Cisco or related technologies preferred
- Experience with hosted voice or UCaaS preferred
- Experience with Active Directory / employee authentication systems and processes preferred
- Experience with Google productivity and collaboration suites preferred
- Knowledge of DevOps processes, tools & best practices is a plus
- Knowledge of ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) processes is a plus
- Must be customer relationship focused, process driven, metric focused, results oriented, organized & self-directed
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong leadership, supervisory and management skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Must be flexible to travel within US & Canada, if needed
Valuable savings and special offers on our auto body and auto glass services. Take advantage of these valuable savings exclusively available at Boyd Autobody & Glass.
We proudly stand behind our repair work for as long as you own your vehicle. Learn more about our Lifetime Guarantee.